1979 Pearson 424 Ketch
Yacht price :
42' 1979 Pearson 424 Ketch
We are pleased to present the "go anywhere in the world" boat whether you're coastal cruising or crossing oceans. The 424 is known for its roomy interior and comfortable cockpit.
She is ready to cruise and very well built at the height of Pearson production.
- Very water tight and dry, mildew free, well cared for boat.
- Bottom stripped and barrier coated 3 times and 2 coats bottom paint March 2017
- Frigoboat refrigeration
- 3 new golf cart house batteries 400 amp hrs.
- New custom Sunbrella bimini
- Brand New Keel Step Bolts
Call for your exclusive showing. She is awaiting your inspection.
- 424 Ketch
- Stuart, FL, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 42 ft - 12.8 meter
- Draft - max:
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- V Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 60 (Individual), 60 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- Fresh Water Tank:
- Holding Tank:
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
- Four can sleep in two staterooms
- Settee sleeps two
- 6' 4" headroom
Domestic water pump, with water filter system
- Jabsco head
Propane galley stove
3 - 50 gallon water tanks (150 gallon total fresh water tankage)
Sails and Rigging
- New Sunbrella on a 130 Genoa that functions on a roller furler with new furler line
- Main and mizzen sails in good shape for cruising with 2 reef points each. Cruising chute for light air.
All running rigging for sails.
Self-tailing winches with winch handles
She is run by a Westerbeke 60 hp diesel with 2000 hours. Regular maintenance of oil changes and replacement of all filters every 100 hours or each season. New hoses, heat exchanger, raw water pump, water pump; transmission rebuilt in 2008
We have owned for 6 years and used her 6 months per year.
Last owners owned for 25 years using her infrequently during New England summers. The first owners had her for 5 years.
• 2 anchors & Nylon rodes: one CQR with 8' G4 chain 1 and one Danforth w/30' G4 chain
• Miscellaneous fenders and dock lines
• Power anchor winch
• New Sunbrella on 130 Genoa Jan 2015 on roller furler with new furler line
• Main and mizzen sails in good shape for cruising with 2 reef points each. Cruising chute for light air.
• All running rigging for sails.
• Self-tailing winches with winch handles
• New custom Sunbrella Bimini
• Jabsco head
• Macerater pump & hoses
• 2 Kyocera solar panels, KD 135 SX, Blue Sky controller
• New cranking battery
• 4 new golf cart house batteries 400 amp hrs.
• Frigoboat refrigeration
• Domestic water pump , with water filter system
• 3 - 50 gallon water tanks (150 gallon total fresh water tankage)
• new Rule 2000 auto/manual bilge pump.
• Replaced scupper hoses 2011
• Force 10 heater
• Propane galley stove
• VHF ship radio
• SSB receiver
• BBQ Grill
• Boat hooks, PFDs, USCG flare kits
She is back in the water and easy to view and board.
Updated pictures show her in above average condition and ready to be provisioned and headed out for her next adventure.
Let the owners change in plans be your opportunity to own a true sailing vessel.
Go ahead! Make an offer on a boat that wants to take you to the islands and beyond.
Our company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.