1987 Morgan 44
Yacht price :
With upgrades and changes complete, including a new Yanmar, Blown Away, now is back on the market!
Go now to Other Details Section for Exclusive 360 degree Virtual Tour of this Vessel.
Owners are looking for offers so this is the best time to check her out.
She's a well equipped cruising sloop that has carried her knowledgeable and experienced owners on many memorable passages.
- Rebuilt Yanmar 4JHE diesel with 1 hour!
- Roomy two-cabin, two-head lay-out with center-line queen berth in master suite
- Spacious U-shaped galley with ample storage
- Custom sugar-scoop stern for easy boarding
- 10' AB rigid inflatable tender with 15HP Honda 4-stroke
- Blister-free bottom with fresh paint July 2016
- 8KW Westerbeke generator
- Custom stainless steel fuel tanks
This is a comfortable and popular design and a spacious live aboard yacht. She is a solid cruiser ready for her next adventure!
She is close by our office and ready for your exclusive showing.
- Stuart, FL, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Blown Away
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Nelson / Marek
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 44 ft - 13.41 meter
- 13 ft 6 in - 4.11 meter
- Draft - max:
- 5 ft 10 in - 1.78 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- 60 ft - 18.29 meter
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Fuel Type:
- 44 (Individual), 44 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 150 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 215 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 30 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
The Morgan 44 has a loyal following and once stepping aboard, it's easy to understand why! While cruising the past dozen years, Blown Away's current owners, her second, have fitted her with everything a cruising couple may need underway or in port. She is fast, safe, weatherly and fun to sail, and a roomy liveaboard with a very comfortable motion in a seaway
The original Yanmar engine is now replaced and the bottom has a fresh coat of bottom paint. Several more changes make this boat a better buy than her last time on the market.
Call now to schedule your personal showing!Engines
New owners will have the benefit of a new main engine installation (September '16) and recent re-build of generator:
- Re-Manufactured Yanmar 4JHE with one hour.
- 8KW Westerbeke generator with new head (2013)
Perfect for a cruising couple and for entertaining guests, the spacious galley features:
- Gimballed 3-burner Seaward LP stove and oven
- Large capacity refrigerator and separate freezer with Crosby cold-plates, both air- and water-cooled
- HRO 200 Seafari water-maker (8-gallon / hour)
- Tank Tender management system for water and fuel tanks
- Ample storage lockers for dishes, pots and provisions
The two-cabin lay-out offers comfortable separate accommodations for two couples. The main saloon has 6'5" headroom that carries well forward and aft. Other features include:
- Master cabin with custom center-line queen berth
- Deep custom storage lockers both sides of bunk
- Hanging lockers and storage above, port and starboard
- Roomy master head with separate stall shower
- Large forward vee-berth
- Forward head with privacy doors to forward cabin and main saloon
- Over and under storage in forward cabin
- Two-zone air conditioning: 5,000 BTU Master Cabin, 18,000 BTU for Main Saloon
- Recent custom full (11-panel) cockpit enclosure
Power and instrumentation are what is to be expected for a full-time cruising yacht, including:
- Furuno combination chart-plotter / radar
- SEA 222 single side-band trans-ceiver
- Simrad auto-pilot
- Simrad depth and wind instruments
- Link 2000 power management system
- Jensen MCDA-1 AM/FM/CD player
- Four 4-D deep cycle batteries (720 AH)
Our company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.customContactInformation
This boat is near but NOT at our marina. Please call Bill directly at 804.433.6870 to schedule your personal showing!
Click Here for Virtual Tour!