2003 Sea Ray 420 Sundancer
Yacht price :
We are proud to present this outstanding Express Cruiser. Just re-painted bottom (8/16), she is well-maintained, above and below decks, with all service records available!
- Twin Cummins 6CTA Diesels with less than 1,100 hours
- Molded fiberglass radar arch with overhead lighting
- Custom Sea Ray ® thru-bolted stainless steel cleats
- High gloss Cherrywood cabinetry throughout
- Two-zone reverse-cycle heat / AC with new unit in master cabin
- Separate head and stand-up shower for forward stateroom
- Sea Ray
- 420 Sundancer
- Stuart, FL, US
- Available for sale in U.S. waters:
- Vessel Name:
- Tuition Free
- Boat Type:
- Express Cruiser
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 42 ft - 12.8 meter
- 45 ft - 13.72 meter
- 14 ft - 4.27 meter
- Draft - max:
- 3 ft 6 in - 1.07 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- 13 ft 6 in - 4.11 meter
- Dry Weight:
- 25500 lbs
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- V Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 450 (Individual), 900 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 335 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 100 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 42 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Tuition Free is as nice an example of the Sea Ray 420 as one may find. Her current owner insists on keeping her in top-notch condition. She was hauled in July '16 for new bottom paint, Cummins diesels were serviced in spring and is well-maintained overall. She is ready to cruise to the Keys or skip to the Bahamas!
Roomy, comfortable and well-equipped, she'll take you where you want to go and do it in style. She's a beauty!
If you're considering a late-model twin-diesel express cruiser, you owe it to yourself to see Tuition Free.
Ample tankage for cruising, whether lying at anchor or tied-up to a pier:
- 335 Gal. Aluminum fuel tank
- 100 Gal. Fresh water
- 42 Gal. Holding
Everything below decks bespeaks the quality and finish for which Sea Ray has a well-deserved reputation. And her spacious main cabin with standing headroom assure guests and crew will travel in comfort along with ample storage for extended cruising.
The master suite forward features:
- Queen-sized center-line berth with innerspring mattress
- Drawers below and lockers above, port and starboard
- Two hanging lockers
- Large lexan hatch for natural light and fresh air when open with roll-up shade for privacy
- Large en suite head to port with opening stainless port
- Separate stand-up shower with plenty of elbow room, opening port and built-in bench seat
The private aft cabin has a double-berth, its own head and flat-screen TV.
The port-side settee in the main salon pulls out easily to make another double-berth.
As with all aspects of Tuition Free, the galley is both utilitarian and aesthetically pleasing. A Corian countertop runs the length of the main salon on the starboard side, so there's lots of space for meal prep.
There's a built in two-burner cooktop forward, followed by the sink and adjacent port to under-counter trash receptacle. One overhead locker hides the electric coffee maker above the sink. The refrigerator and separate freezer are side-by-side below the counter.
There's a nifty pull-out shelf unit under the forward end of the counter, then a stack of three drawers. All cabinetry is the same high gloss finished cherrywood as throughout the accommodations.
- Refrigerator and separate freezer
- Two-burner cooktop, microwave / convection oven
- Coffee maker
- Flat-screen TV
- Molded countertop with copious storage above and below
While underway, a full suite of electronics and instruments is arrayed within arm's length and easy viewing of the helmsman, featuring;
- RayMarine RL80C multi-function screen with radar
- RayMarine C80 color plotter
- RayMarine ST7000 auto-pilot
- RayMarine VHF with external speaker
In addition, the crew's entertainment needs are met by TVs in master stateroom, guest stateroom and main salon plus the Clarion stereo with multi-CD changer, remote helm station control and cockpit speakers.
The cockpit is impressive, with comfortable weatherproof seating for the helmsman and companion. The radar arch and canvas top, plus the wrap-around windshield and new Isinglass afford protection from sun and weather. In addition, several guests may relax in comfort on the aft deck settee, enjoying the sun or under the protection of a canvas Bimini.
- Full windshield cover, new
- Foredeck sun-pad for lounging
- Cockpit wet-bar with sink and new Dometic refrigerator
- Transom door and large swim platform with folding ladder
- H/C water cockpit shower
- Transom locker for lines, fenders and cables
Safe footing is assured on deck thanks to an aggressive non-skid and stainless handrails within easy grasp when moving fore and aft.
- Remote controlled anchor windlass
- Remote controlled spotlight
- Sea Ray custom stainless cleats
- #35 Delta Fast-set anchor with chain-to-nylon rode
Tuition Free moves smartly thanks to her matching Diamond 450HP Cummins 6CTA diesels (total 900HP) with less than 1,100 hours of service. (Speaking of service, her current owner has maintained a complete service log that details every aspect of maintenance.)
- Onan 9kw generator also with 1,035 hours
- Separate T-handle Racor fuel filter feeding each Cummins and the Onan diesel gen-set
- Sea Ray underwater exhaust system minimizes engine noise
- All five (5) batteries replaced in July '15
- Easy access to all mechanical equipment via hydraulically-controlled full-width engine room hatch
Our company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.